Apr 16, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: MOULDYLOVERS, AMADOU&MIRIAM, BEIRUT, HIP HOP TRAILER

Happppppyyyyy Monday!
How are we all this lovely day? Well it looks like its about to rain here, but its been a good day nonetheless! Why you ask? Cause all weekend (bar Sunday) I have been live streaming Coachella!!!! Oh its been great. So I actually only have officially two new songs - but something special at the end.

Lets get with it.

1. THE MOULDY LOVERS - KAKISTOCRACY

I saw these guys playing on Queen St Mall and instantly fell in awe. These are a some talented ladies and gentlemen.  I totally fell in love with their "gypsy funk" (their words) and it was clear from the crowd they drew on a busy Friday night that I wasn't the only one. So lets show some love to some local music acts - and find their song Kakistocracy on their Facebook here.

2. AMADOU & MIRIAM - DOUGOU BADIA FT SANTIGOLD

Wow. I can't express how much I am loving Amadou & Miriam right now. This track featuring Santigold is killer! I have been repeating it so much! I find it both soothing but also gets me pumped up, like there is this build in the song that is quite infectious. Amadou & Miriam hail from Mali and have been known as the "Young Blind Couple". The other track from the pair that I'm really loving at the moment is Je Pens A Toi <<<< so good!.

-------

As I write this I am actually streaming Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre, so its only fitting that I end today's post with this amazing movie trailer. My faithful brother is keeping me up to date and recently sent me this video of an up coming movie/documentary on the birth "Art of Rap".
*** Update - Did you guys manage to catch that 2Pac hologram???? #thatshitcray. 



"Hip Hop didn't invent anything, it reinvented everything". 

Needlessly to say, I am both frothing over this and am jumping to catch it.
So hopefully they screen it here in Aus. :)

A short one today, but its quality not quantity.
Have a good rest of the day!
- XOXO -


twitterbloglovinfacebook • pinterest me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,